Christmas is coming, and what better way to celebrate than by trimming the tree with DIY ornaments? So before you put up the Christmas tree, check out these 10 terrific tree trimmings. You’re sure to love at least one thing on this list!
Do you have a tree just for the kiddos or the grandkids? This DIY pom pom Christmas garland is the perfect craft for them to add to their tree this year! You can make the pompoms yourself, or your can purchase them at Michaels.
2. You can’t go wrong with gingerbread in your stomach or on your tree. HGTV has an excellent tutorial to help you make some wooden “gingerbread’ ornaments that look like the real thing.
3. I love these 3-D cardstock ornaments. They are completely customizable by using your favorite Christmas paper, and really easy to make. Let the kids help!
4. Get some wooden clothespins from the local dollar store, and then transform them into fun snowflakes for the tree. I think they’d look amazing with a coat of stain instead of paint!
6. I cannot get over the cuteness of these hand painted woodland animal ornaments! With the step-by-step tutorial at DecoArt, you can totally do this.
7. Live Craft Eat shows you how to craft these adorable little Christmas tree stars. All you need is cardboard, cute paper, tape, pins and yarn.
8. What is more perfect than mini snow globes to trim the tree? The vintage look is just right.
10. Well, there’s finally a way to recycle all those empty K-cups! Just make some adorable snowman hats to trim your tree this year. Check out Pitter & Glink for the details.