You wouldn’t believe the DIY crafts that you can make with old 2x4s. Even if you don’t have a stash of 2x4s laying around the house or yard, you might want to buy some for the projects featured in this post. Don’t leave without checking them out!
1.Do you love the game Jenga? My family does. So why not make a giant version for everyone to play out in the yard? This would be amazing!
2. Build a cool bench for sitting on while you play the giant game of Jenga you just made.
3. I love most floral centerpieces, this one included. I especially love that it starts with a 2×4. Just add some test tubes to hold single stems.
4. Welcome Winter in style. Just create these adorable snowmen from 2x4s.
5. Would you believe you can craft these bar stools from 2x4s? You really can, even if you’re a beginner!
6. Show your patriotic spirit with a set of flag blocks. All you need is a 2×4 cut into blocks, and some craft paints. A little sandpaper will give it that distressed look.
7. An outdoor sofa is as easy as building one from 2x4s. Add some outdoor cushions to complete it.
8. This rustic cart is pretty simple to make, and uses nothing but 2x4s for the lumber. You could use this cart in any number of places.
9. A set of functional garage or basement shelves to improve your organization game is completely attainable with some simple 2x4s.
10. Would you love to have a kitchen garden, but space is limited? Build a DIY plant shelf with, you guessed it, 2x4s!
For a tutorial on each DIY craft featured in this post, click the following links:
Squirrelly Minds giant DIY Jenga
The Kim Six Fix x-leg wood bench
Infarrantly Creative floral centerpiece
Keeping it Simple 2×4 snowmen
Jay’s Custom Creations half-lap bar stools from 2x4s
Simply Kierste 2×4 flag blocks
Life on Virginia Street outdoor sofa
Infarrantly Creative rustic cart
DIY Design Fanatic 2×3 shelves
Empress of Dirt DIY plant shelf