Old milk cans are one of the best things you can use to incorporate rustic décor into your home. So the next time you see one at your local thrift store or a neighborhood yard sale, grab it! You’ll be able to put it to great use with one of the following 10 rustic milk can décor ideas. If you can’t find one at a thrift store, look at Michaels instead!
1. Laurel Stevens of The North End Loft wanted a milk can that was old and rusty looking, but not black and red. So she painted it to look how she wanted it to look. If you want to make an old milk can look like hers, just follow Laurel’s how to!
2. An old milk can is the perfect medium for a rustic lamp. Add the lamp parts and a rustic shade, and you’ve completely transformed it.
3. This milk can at Peppermint Creative got a fresh coat of paint so it could become an adorable welcome sign for the front porch.
4. Who says you have to utilize the entire milk can? Cut off the bottom, install lighting hardware, and you’ve got a charming pendant light! I love these!
5. This blogger thought outside the box and used an old milk can for the base of an intimate outdoor table. See Fussy Monkey Business for the details.
6. Old milk cans, buckets and watering cans are used as vases for a rustic backyard wedding in Maryland. This also makes a welcoming front porch décor for Spring! See more at Every Last Detail.
7. For more milk can table inspiration, see Girl Inspired. Leave the milk can in its rustic state and add a mahogany-stained top to give it a completely different look than the first.
8. An old milk can is also fantastic as rustic holiday front porch décor. Here it is used to hold an assortment of winter greens and berries.
9. A smaller milk can is the perfect rustic vase for a centerpiece on your holiday table. Get the details at The Road to Domestication.
10. There is a lot of great milk can inspiration over at Houzz. I love the idea of using a milk can as a rustic umbrella holder in the entryway.