One of the places in a home that sometimes is overlooked when planning the decor is the front porch. Farmhouse kitchens are popular, but did you realize you can also have a farmhouse porch? Farmhouse style is relaxed and inviting, perfect for a welcoming entrance. Adding farmhouse charm to your porch decor is also a great way to add an instant boost to your curb appeal. Here are 10 easy ways to get farmhouse charm for your porch!
1. Decorative lattice is inexpensive, and an easy way to add farmhouse charm to an elevated porch. It also provides a boost of curb appeal because it makes everything look neater and deters animals from using the area under your porch as a hideout.
2. Your farmhouse porch doesn’t have to be located in front of the house. Create a screened-in porch area in back where you and your family can relax while staying bug-free.
3. Build a DIY trellis for your porch which adds serious farmhouse charm! The terra cotta pots are attached with zip ties, creating a lovely hanging garden. Did you know you can buy terra cotta pots and the zip ties at Dollar Tree? That makes this project easier than ever!
4. Many true farmhouse porches are painted or stained to make them stand out more against the house itself. A painted porch can be all one color, or a colorful design, depending on your personal taste.
5. One way to add farmhouse charm is to hang a porch swing if you’ve got the room for it. Nothing like a lazy evening spent on the porch swing with a cold glass of lemonade!
6. If a porch swing isn’t doable for your particular porch, maybe a glider is. You get the feel of a swing without having to hang it. And a retro glider like this one found at Amazon would certainly fit into farmhouse style!
7. A gooseneck light is an easy way to add farmhouse charm to your porch. And at less than $35, it’s also easy on your wallet!
8. One of the absolute simplest ways to add farmhouse charm is with flowers. Whether you use hanging baskets, window boxes, or both, the effect is the same.
9. If you do have a porch swing or a glider, don’t forget to add a comfy quilt and toss on a throw pillow. These are classic farmhouse additions that make a huge difference.
10. Use mason jars to add farmhouse charm. Create a hanging vase or even a lantern.