Nothing says “Welcome!” like an appealing front door. Here are 14 of my favorite front door looks, in a range of styles, for your inspiration. These and other looks can be found at Better Homes & Gardens.
1.This warm-hued front door gets a little stand out from its bright white trim. There’s always something about glass panels and matching sidelights that is so hard to resist!
2. Red, white and a chalky blue are a fresh take on an ages old color scheme. The blue is reminiscent of the hydrangeas on the table.
3. Here is an amazingly old-fashioned look that is especially for barn door lovers. The heavy black hardware is perfection.
4. Black and white are a timeless look, so a black door and black shutters on a white house will never go out of style.
5. This lovely Victorian is the perfect house for a slate blue door.
6. One old favorite has to be the friendly Dutch door. Throw open the top half and lend an air of welcome to your whole house.
7. As far as I’m concerned, you can never go wrong with a red coat of paint on a cottage-style front door.
8. With all the angles of this house and its roofline, the arched front door is a welcome respite to the eye, and really pulls you in.
9. For an eye-catching entry, try a bright hue that takes its cue from your climate and surroundings.
10. I love these arched French-style doors finished in a dark stain. They provide an air of elegance to the entry of this home.
11. This traditional-style front door gets new interest with an eye-catching pop of avocado green that is just a bit lighter than its surroundings to make it really stand out.
12. This stately wood front door really catches your attention because of the surrounding trim and windows.
13. This color combination of an emerald green door and golden trim is worthy of a lot more than just a second look. Beautiful!
14. A larger home does well to sport a larger front door–50 percent wider than a standard door, to be exact.