Pickled Barrel exists to celebrate living a rustic life. A rustic life is one that is simpler and focused more on the basics of living. But how do you know if you’re someone who is suited to living a rustic life? It’s not hard to know. If you possess these traits, you should definitely be enjoying a rustic lifestyle!
The Traits of Living a Rustic Life
Do you possess any of these traits?
- You feel a disconnect between you and the way most of society lives. This could be manifest in a general dislike of social media or a distaste for consumerism. You don’t feel the need to compete with the Joneses. You’d much rather have real human interaction!
- Your best times are those that are spent quietly. You’d rather not spend an evening dancing the night away in a noisy club or a high-energy concert. You like to stay in and take life more slowly.
- Taking care of your mental health means getting away from the hustle and bustle of the big city.
- The mountains rejuvenate your mind, your body and your spirit!
- You show your loved ones that you care by cooking for them, and hosting intimate gatherings that are comfortable and subdued.
- A cabin in the woods is highly attractive to you! You’d much rather live in quietude then in a big city.
- The next DIY project is always on your mind, because you love to create.
- Old-fashioned activities are some of your most favorite. These include long drives on back roads, journaling by hand, and sending hand-written notes to loved ones.
- If it’s back-to-basics, you want to try it. How about growing your own vegetables, canning jams and jellies, or making your own soap?
- You consider yourself an urban farmer and would live on a real farm if you had the chance.
The more of these traits that you possess, the more likely it is that you would be completely happy living a rustic life. If it’s just not possible to pick up and move to the country right now, you can at least start with 10 ways to bring a little country into your home.