The holidays are here! Time to look at some festive ways to decorate your porch for Christmas. This post features 15 of my favorite ways to charm your holiday guests with the best Christmas porch ever. Take a look!
Festive Ways to Decorate Your Porch for Christmas
Easy Ways to Decorate Your Christmas Porch
1. Christmas porch décor can be beautifully simple! Try using your existing planters to house small evergreen trees. Add festive red bows, and you could complete this look with battery-operated candles for safety. It’s classic and charming!
Rustic Snowman Porch
2. Can’t help but smile when you look at this arrangement. Is there a frozen pond nearby?
3. For a farmhouse feel, try something like these rustic barrels full of pine boughs, berries, pinecones and oversized snowflakes. Charming!
Old-Fashioned Christmas Front Porch
4. Here is an example of an old-fashioned porch design. Classic red touches are evident in the poinsettia arrangements, wreath, vintage sleigh and the nutcrackers. Do you love nutcrackers as much as I do?
Warm Weather Christmas
5. Nesting is what I feel like doing when I look at this Christmas porch décor! There doesn’t have to be snow for it to feel like Christmas where you live. Grab a book and cuddle up on that porch swing for a relaxing December afternoon!
A Colorful & Cheery Christmas Exterior
6. If this colorful design doesn’t instantly boost your holiday mood, I don’t know what will! Once you prepare a coordinated wreath, garland, and mini Christmas trees, it is fairly quick to take down and set up every year after.
7. If you have a little time to spare, stencil a few galvanized buckets for your Christmas porch decor. It’s easy to make them look really festive!
More Ways to Decorate Your Porch for Christmas
Make the Most of Existing Planters
8. Stop at your local garden shop to learn how to put together beautiful winter porch arrangements that you can leave out right through January if you please.
Go Over the Top!
9. I love this “over the top” garland that decks this front portico. As you can see, not much else decoration is needed if you do something like this.
Christmas at the North Pole
10. I love this charming vignette! A vintage sleigh and a pair of wood skis are the perfect base for this North Pole theme.
Outdoor Christmas Trees
11. A full-size Christmas tree on your porch? Why not! If your porch is big enough, you could even set up two–one large and one small. The dried orange slice ornaments are unique and beautiful, and they probably smell amazing!
Light it Up with Lanterns
12. Instead of bright strings of holiday lights, try the softer light of glowing lanterns and battery-operated or solar candles. So inviting!
Rustic Holiday Porch Planter
13. Rustic Christmas porch decor starts with anything you have around the house or yard–like this charming log planter filled with holly berries and pine cones. Or try a rustic milk can!
14. Tuck pine boughs, pine cones, and festive ornaments into a planter. For extra wow, nestle a string of LED fairy lights in there too!
15. Go for something expected–instead of red and green try colors that complement your home’s exterior for a fun change. This icy blue and silver theme is gorgeous!
These are just 15 ways to decorate your porch for Christmas. Above all, have fun and enjoy your porch decorating!
Editor’s Note: this post was originally published in December 2016. It has been updated for content.