Today’s post is all about home upgrades. Specifically, some great home upgrades you can DIY that also cost less than $50. There are some upgrades on this list that you may not have thought of, so stick around! Your home will thank you for it!
1.Get a can of copper metallic spray paint at Amazon, and give your mailbox a serious upgrade. Talk about boosting your curb appeal!
2. Paint is an easy way to make home upgrades on a budget. Your front door is just one example. You’ll find a link to a helpful tutorial on how to paint your front door at the end of this post.
3. Would you believe you can actually give your countertops a faux granite look with spray paint? You really can! Try this granite-look paint available on Amazon.
4. Upgrade your plain light switch covers by adding a simple frame from Dollar Tree. I never would have thought of this myself, but it looks pretty amazing! All you do is remove the switch plate, glue it to a frame, and paint the entire thing for uniformity.
5. Upgrade old brass doorknobs in your home with a can of spray paint. This is really helpful if the doorknobs in your home don’t match and you want to give them all a uniform look without spending a ton of money.
6. Do you want to make a statement on a budget? Try painting the ceiling in your dining room a dramatic color such as this purple. This is elegance on a budget!
7. Are you seeing just what greatness you can achieve with spray paint? Because you can also upgrade your heating vents for a lot less than buying new ones!
8. Houseplants can give your interiors an instant upgrade. There’s just something so appealing about them, and they won’t break the bank. Just purchase as many as you can. Place them around the room to maximize their impact.
9. Consider using oversized pillows to add a more plush look to your living room decor. Look at your local thrift shop, and then make or buy covers to change them to fit your decor.
10. Update your cabinet hardware. This is one of the easiest ways to add some pizzazz to a boring kitchen.
Inspiration for this post came from the following websites:
Sand & Sisal mailbox upgrade
Love Pomegranate House how to paint your front door
Remodelaholic faux granite countertops
Krazy Koupon Lady dollar store light switch upgrade
Young House Love how to upgrade doorknobs with spray paint
MB Jessee how to paint a ceiling
The Frugal Homemaker upgrade vent covers
Mother Mag using houseplants in home decor
Nine + Sixteen plush pillows
Thrillist home improvement hacks