1. For a great space-saving bed you can DIY in a day, see Your Modern Family for the plans to build your own Murphy Bed. It’s relatively easy, and it’ll only set you back $150 for the supplies. What are you waiting for?
2. A slat bed is said to be more comfortable than a box spring, and if you’ve been thinking about getting one, take a look at the plans for a king-size version that you can DIY.
3. Here’s how you can build your own twin-sized beds, and customize the headboards to be whatever you have on hand.
4. This bed starts with parts of IKEA’s STOLMEN closet system, and turns it into an awesome platform bed with lots of storage space.
5. This example of a DIY platform bed starts with two IKEA dressers, then a mattress is placed on top. This works well in a child’s room!
6. Over at Oh Yes Blog, an amazing platform bed was created using kitchen cabinets from IKEA. Love the steps!
7. Weekday Carnival made a little boy’s bed with IKEA cabinets, and added dinosaur pulls. So cute!
8. Try some bookshelves as part of a DIY platform bed configuration. Perfect for a little reader!
9. Here you will find plans for an adorable DIY trundle bed. Trundle beds provide extra sleep space and storage, and are perfect for guest rooms and kids’ rooms.
10. With a couple of pallets, you can build this Pallet Daybed. Pretty Prudent shows you how easy it is.
11. Do you like the industrial look? Here’s how to build a bed with industrial pipe.
12. An amazing slat bed with hairpin legs that looks like you bought it from a furniture store? Yep, this is a mid-century modern look that you can definitely DIY.