Every year when Spring arrives, one of my most fun home improvement “chores” is to get the patio ready for the warmer weather. I enjoy thinking about how I want to arrange the patio furniture, and what flowers I want to plant in my pots. Let’s talk today about some easy ways to pretty up your patio for Spring! Because a relaxing outdoor living space is probably the best way to enjoy the warmer seasons at home.
Here are some great tips for creating a pretty patio:
- There’s nothing wrong with small and cozy. Everyone loves a secluded spot to relax, have a quiet conversation, or get lost in a good read! All you need is a couple of chairs and a table, or a loveseat you can share with a friend or loved one.
- Keep everything low maintenance. Select patio furniture made of weatherproof materials that can be hosed down and stored during the cold seasons. Order from World Market and get free shipping on all orders $65+!
- Give your patio extra appeal with the pops of color that you aren’t brave enough to include inside your home. Aqua blue Adirondack chairs provide just such appeal!
- Do you have some extra furniture pieces stored away because there isn’t room for them inside? Consider using them in your outdoor living space! It just makes it feel like an extension of your home, which is always a good idea.
- There’s nothing wrong with including some “indoor” conveniences in your patio space. Mount a television on an exterior wall where you can enjoy sports on a lazy Sunday afternoon, or build an outdoor kitchen where you can cook and entertain all in one pretty setting.
- If shade is lacking, provide some free-standing patio umbrellas to increase the comfort level, especially on hot summer days. The color options are endless, so this is one way to bring in a bright pop of color to the decor.
- An outdoor rug is another way to visually designate an outdoor seating area and make it feel like an extension of indoors. Don’t be afraid to use a bold pattern!
For more patio decorating ideas and inspiration, visit Better Homes & Gardens.